Amrapali Kata is an Indian IAS Officer of the 2010 batch, born on 4 November 1982 in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. Famous for being the first woman IAS officer to be posted as the District Collector of Warangal Urban District in Telangana.
|Real Name||Amrapali Kata|
|Other Names||Young Dynamic Officer|
|Date of Birth||4 November 1982|
|Age (in 2021)||39 years|
|Born in||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Qualification||Master of Business Administration|
|Homeland||Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Amrapali was born in Visakhapatnam to Venkat Reddy Kata (Professor at the Andhra University) & Padmavathi (housewife). She completed her school education at Sai Satya Mandir School in Visakhapatnam.
She went to the Indian Institute of Technology in Chennai for B.Tech and the Indian Institute of Management in Bangalore for her MBA Degree.
In 2010, she secured 39th rank in the UPSC exam, she’s listed as the youngest woman to achieve this goal. After that in 2013, she worked as a sub-collector in Vikarabad, Telangana.
Later in 2014, she was appointed as the Director of the Women and Child Welfare Department. In 2015, she started working as Joint Collector of Ranga Reddy District in Telangana.
In 2016, she was appointed as the District Collector of Warangal Urban District in Telangana. Apart from these, she also distributed Economics of Sanitation books for people to be aware of common problems like unsafe water, poor hygiene, etc.
|Father Name||Venkat Reddy Kata|
|Married On||18 February 2018|
|Husband Name||Sameer Sharma (an IPS Officer)|
Related: Priyanka Jawalkar Biography
- She was caught in a controversy when she was giving a Republic day speech in 2018, she laughed twice and fumbled for some Telugu words. Later, for this, she was criticized by the media.
Amrapali Kata has a net worth of 800,000 Indian Rupees (in 2018) with a salary of 100,000 – 200,000 INR monthly (Approximately).
Facts & Info
- She’s been a private secretary to the Union Minister of State for Home.
- Amrapali’s brother-in-law is also an IAS Officer and her husband is an IPS Officer.
- According to some sources, she worked in ABN AMRO, a business bank, after she completed her MBA.
- Those who consider her as a role model made an idol for her and displayed it in Warangal.