Study in UK
The UK has always been among the best countries to study abroad for Indian students. Like you, many students Google the way to study in the UK free for international students or undergraduate study in the UK for free and other questions like tuition free universities in the UK for international students 2021. That’s why you will see these trending topics on Google and various other platforms. This blog will get detailed information about studying in UK free. It’s going to sound like a fairy tale dream to you, but it’s true and it is made true by the special scholarships for international students. So, let’s check how to study in UK free with scholarships.
IELTS for Study in UK
IELTS is basically important path for study abroad journey. You’ll also study in this country without IELTS but it’s not OK! By qualifying IELTS test you will get best scholarship with good reputed college of Australian university. So, join IELTS preparation you ought to join the best IELTS coaching. India Lucknow is that the best place for IELTS coaching. So, join any IELTS coaching in Lucknow otherwise you can also join Meridean Overseas Education Consultants Lucknow as they are famous for their service.
How to Study in UK for Free?
Although studying in UK was preferred by few students before thanks to the strict laws imposed by the UK government, but the post-study work allowance referred to as the new Graduate Route started from summer 2021 has made the UK once again one of the best places to study abroad for Indian students! Many international students cannot afford high tuition fees but want to take advantage of these new policies and want to study in the UK for free and get degrees that can make them stand out from the horde of many.
Study in the UK For Free With an International Scholarship
Universities within the UK offer various scholarships for international students and are known to be one of the best and safest ways to study in the UK for free.
You might be wondering now why education in the UK cannot be free for everyone, like in countries like Norway, Taiwan, Germany and France, but just for scholarship students.
Here Is the Answer
British universities are among the simplest in the world and have a reputation for having a quality higher education system and degrees that are recognized around the world. Hence, these universities require high tuition fees to be paid by the scholar who will graduate with such an invaluable degree.
Also, the United Kingdom government capped the fees universities could charge and did not interfere with what institutions could charge for various courses. Moreover, the United Kingdom is one of the most expensive places to live, which makes studying within the UK even more expensive for Indian students. So, the sole way to study in the UK for free is to get scholarships, and to urge one you need to have a solid academic background and other credentials. Therefore the question arises what scholarships you can apply for to study in the UK for free as an international student:
UK Chevening Scholarships for International Students
UK Chevening Scholarships are Commonwealth scholarships funded by the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office). The program offers awards to scholars with global leadership potential to review for a one-year master’s degree at leading universities in the UK. British embassies round the world personally select scholarship recipients, and these scholarships are awarded to over 1,500 students from 140 countries each school year.
- College or University: any university within the UK
- Eligible Courses: Masters (in any subject)
- Included within the scholarship: tuition fees, monthly living expenses, return economy airfare to the United Kingdom, additional stipends and grants, and scholarship application deadline: 06 November annually.
Eligibility Criteria for The Chevening Scholarship
- You must be a citizen of a rustic or territory eligible for Chevening
- After the fellowship ends, you want to return to their country for a minimum of two years.
- By the time you submit your application, you want to have met all the undergraduate degree requirements which allow you to enter a postgraduate program at a UK university. A 2:1 upper second class degree is usually equivalent to this in the UK, but may vary counting on your choice of course and university.
- Should have Two years of work experience in the field (equivalent to 2,800 hours)
- Must apply to 3 different UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of them by July 14, 2022.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Established in October 2000 with a US$210 million gift from Bill and Melinda Gates, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship scheme is one among the most prestigious scholarships in the UK. Each year, it offers around 80 full-cost scholarships to academically strong students from countries aside from the UK to pursue full-time postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge.
- University or College: UK Renowned University of Cambridge
- Included within the scholarship: full cost of study at Cambridge, travel expenses, maintenance allowances, family allowances, fieldwork, etc.
- Scholarship application deadline: October 10 for American students and December 5 for others, each year.
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Citizen of a rustic other than the UK
- Application to follow:
- MLitt, PhD or MSc, or any one-year postgraduate course
Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford
Clarendon offers over 160 new, fully-funded scholarships annually to graduate scholars with strong academic backgrounds and enables them to become part of Oxford – one of the most vibrant, international and multidisciplinary communities within the world!
- University or College: UK Renowned University of Oxford
- Eligible Courses: All full-time graduate and master’s programs (except certificate and PG diploma courses)
- The scholarship includes tuition and tuition fees (for living expenses for the duration of the course).
Eligibility Criteria for Clarendon Fund Scholarships:
- Exceptional academic background and potential as a grad student.
- Deadline for scholarship application: January 25 of every year.
Apart from these significant scholarships, there are several other scholarships that international students can enjoy to reduce their tuition fees and other expenses and make their studies in the UK free. The opposite scholarships are the Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships, which are awarded through a postgraduate research competition. It’s awarded to the most outstanding international and European PhD candidates and Westminster International Scholarships for Postgraduate Students in that the tuition fee award is paid directly to the University for Tuition Fees.
Meridean Overseas Education Consultants
For quite two decades, Meridean Overseas Education Consultants has guided thousands of Indian students to pursue free postgraduate and undergraduate studies within the UK on a scholarship. Meridean Overseas Education Consultants, expert advisors help students achieve their study abroad dreams at their preferred college hassle-free.
If you’re an academically strong student and aspire to study in the UK on a scholarship, Meridean Overseas Education Consultants will guide you thru the process.
Visit your nearest Meridean Overseas Education Consultants office today for more information on studying within the UK and countries like Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland and Singapore.