Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan aka Salman Khan is the most popular Indian actor, singer, film producer, Painter & television personality who predominately works in Hindi cinema. He’s is known for his contributions to Hindi cinema for over 30 years with 80+ films.
He has won several awards and honors for his work in Bollywood including Filmfare Awards, National Film Awards, Star Screen Awards, Zee Cine Award, etc.
There’s no doubt that he is one of the highest-paid Indian actors. He was listed by Fobes Top-Paid 100 Celebrity Entertainers List of 2018 with an earning of $37.7 million.
|Real Name||Abdul Rashid Salim Salman Khan|
|Famous Name||Salman Khan|
|Date of Birth||27 December 1965|
|Age (in 2021)||56 years|
|Born in||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Profession||Actor, Singer, Film Producer, Painter|
|Qualification||Dropped out in College|
|Religion||Islam (Calls Himself both Hindu and Muslim)|
Salman Khan was born on 27 December 1965 into a well-settled family based in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and grew up there. Salman Khan’s age is 56 years as of 2021.
His father, Salim Khan is a screenwriter whose religion is Islam, and her mother, Sushila Charak, a Hindu who later changed her name to Salma Khan. Khan grew up learning the knowledge of both religions.
Khan’s father wanted him to become a cricketer but Salman always wanted to be a screenwriter following the path of his father. He even wrote scripts for some bold films like Chandramukhi and Veer.
He is the eldest of his four siblings, two brothers, and two sisters.
Salman did his early schooling at Scindia School in Gwalior and St. Stanislaus High School in Mumbai. After which he got enrolled in St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai but dropped out soon due to his lack of interest in studies.
By that time he built an interest in acting and got in Daisy Irani’s Acting institute alongside his friends Chunky Pandey & Sajid Khan.
As of now (2021), Salman Khan is not married but his relationships are always in the media’s attention which is listed below.
Right after his training from Daisy Irani’s Acting Institute, He started his career from modeling and due to his brilliant skills, he became a successful model.
In 1988, Khan started his career as an actor with his debut film Biwi Ho To Aisi in which he performed a supporting role and his voice was dubbed.
After that, He struggled a lot and gave many audions for different films without using his father’s name to show a famous name’s impact on producers.
With his hard work and huge interest, he got a leading role in the film Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) which became a huge hit at that time and Salman touched the heights of fame.
With the success of Maine Pyar Kiya, he got another film Baaghi: A Rebel for Love (1990) with a lead role which became a box-office success.
After that, His films list goes on and goes which includes Sanam Bewafa, Patthar Ke Phool, Kurbaan, Saajan, Love, Suryavanshi, Jaagruti, Nishchaiy, Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Biwi No.1, Sirf Tum, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, etc.
As of now, Salman Khan is one of the highest-paid and legendary actors who appeared in more than a hundred films.
Apart from acting, He uses to host television shows as well which he started with his debut television show 10 Ka Dum (2008) as a host.
Khan is also a well-known film producer who founded his production companies named Salman Khan Films and Salman Khan Being Human Production. He produced his first-ever film in 2014 named Dr. Cabbie which is a Canadian-based film and hit the mark of the highest-grossing film in Canada.
In 2021, Salman Khan is also known for being the host of the worldwide famous reality television show Bigg Boss.
Some of Khan’s top-rated films till 2021 are Dabangg 1 (2010), Dabangg 2 (2012), Ready (2011), Kick (2014), Wanted (2009), Jai Ho (2014), Sultan (2016), Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015), and more.
Salman Khan’s height is 5′ 8” Feet (174 Centi Meters) and his weight is 75 Kilograms (Approximately).
|Height (Approximately)||174 Centi Meters (5′ 8”)|
|Weight (Approximately)||75 Kilograms|
|Television||10 Ka Dum (2008) (As a Host)|
|Film||Biwi Ho To Aisi (1988) (As an Actor)|
Related: Harshad Mehtra Biography.
His father’s name is Salim Khan, a legendary screenwriter and his mother’s name is Sushila Charak, a housewife. His father has another wife named Helen.
|Father Name||Salim Khan|
|Mother Name||Sushila Charak|
Salman Khan has four siblings. Two younger brothers, Sohail Khan, an Actor, Producer & Director, and Arbaaz Khan, also an Actor, Producer & Director. Two younger sisters, Alvira Khan, a Producer & Fashion Designer, and Arpita Khan, an Interior Designer.
|Siblings||Two younger brothers and two younger sisters|
|Brothers Name||Sohail Khan & Arbaaz Khan|
|Sisters Name||Alvira Khan & Arpita Khan|
Girlfriends / Affairs
Affairs / Girlfriends
- Sangeeta Bijlani
- Somy Ali
- Aishwarya Rai (From year 1999 to 2002)
- Katrina Kaif (From year 2003 to 2010)
- Faria Alam
- Iulia Vantur
- Jab Hum Jawan
- Tight jeans
- Sitaphal ice cream
- Sylvester Stallone
- Dilip Kumar
- Sooraj Barjatya
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Yuvraj Singh
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Ashish Nehra
- Imran Khan
- Harbhajan Singh
- China Garden in Mumbai
- Hema Malini
- Spicy Italian food
- North-Indian Food
- Pav Bhaji
- Mutton Kebab
- Chinese food
- Chicken Biryani
- Sonu Nigam
- Sunidhi Chauhan
Related: Rahul Vaidya Biography.
- In 1999, Salman Khan along with his co workers for the film Hum Saath Saath Hain were accused of being harming & hunting chinkara & blackbuck deer in the shooting of this film at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. A trial were taken and they found guilty on 5 April 2018 and was sentenced by Jodhpur Court to 5 years in prison under Section 51 of Wildlife Protection Act. After spending 2 nights in the prision he bailed out on 8 April 2018 by the Jodhpur Sessions court. Thiis case is known as Blackbuck hunting case (1999). [Source-1]
- In year 2002, Salman Khan drove his car at night over the people sleeping across the Road surface outside a bakery. With this tragic accident, a person was killed and three was highesly injured. [Source – 2]
- 2002 – Aishwarya Rai’s parents filed a case against Salman Khan for harrasing their daughter but later Khan denied all these claims. [Source – 3]
- Khan attracted a controversy when in 2008 he and Shah Rukh Khan fought in Katrina Kaif’s birthday party. [Source – 4]
- He faced much hate on social media for promoting monoply and nepotism in the Bollywood industry. [Source – 5]
- In 2017 December, A FIR was registered against Salman and Shilpa Shetty by Navin Ramchandra Lade at Andheri Police station who is a General Secretary of the Rojgar Aghari Republican Party for calling him a “Bhangi” in a public place.
- Lexus LX 470
- Mercedes Benz GL-Class
- BMW X5
- Range Rover Vogue
- BMW X6
- Audi R8
- W221 Mercedes Benz S-Class
- Audi Q7
- Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- He owns a 150-acre plot with Swimming pool 3 bungalows & a private gym in Panvel.
Related: Prabhas Biography.
Salman Khan has a net worth of more than 350 Million Dollars with an earning of 8 Million Dollars per film. (Approximately)
Facts & Info
- He has a strong belief in lucky gemstones and uses to wear them both off and on-screen.
- He does smoking and drinks Alcohol.
- For Mustan Burmawalla’s film Baazigar (1993), Salman was initially offered the negative role but he refused and the role was offered to Shah Rukh Khan. The film hit blockbuster and was a huge hit.
- According to some sources, Salman has an obsession with soap especially the one with fruit and vegetable extract. He has a collection of them.
- Khan has a waxed statue of himself place at Madame Tussaud’s Museum in London.
- While the shooting of the film London Dreams, the shoot crew got fed up with the local food. That’s why Salman had his personal cook flew from Mumbai to London to cook Biryani for all of the crew.
- He is an awesome painter and has made several eye-catching paintings. he made the poster for the film Jai Ho (2014) himself.
- In Mumbai, A restaurant named Bhaijaanz is launched by one of Khan’s fans. He decorated the interiors with Salman’s posters and all his favorites foods are on the menu.
- In the Animated film “Hanuman: Da’ Damdaar (2017)” Salman gave his voice to the character Hanuman.
- Khan’s film “Sultan (2016)” is the 10th film which reached the 100 Crore mark.
- Aamir Khan loves the painting skill of Salman and has some of his paintings in his home.
- Khan is also an avid animal lover. Salman owns two pet dogs named My Son and My Jaan. Moreover, he owns two pet horses name Bhaijaan and Bajrangi.
- In 2019, when Salman and his brothers were invited to the television comedy show Kapil Shama. His father shared that to pass exams, Khan used to buy leaked papers.
- In a 2021 interview, Khan shared that he is suffering from a disease called “Trigeminal Neuralgia” a sudden, severe facial pain. It’s sometimes described as the most excruciating pain known to humanity and is also known by another name “Suicide disease”. He said that this disease even made his voice a bit harsher.
- Salman was honored with Rajiv Gandhi Award in 2008 for Outstanding Achievement in Entertainment.
- Shilpa Shetty shared a picture of Salman kissing her mother in 2018 and revealed that he has a strong bond with Shipa’s family and moreover he was used to drink with her father.
Related: Anushka Shetty Biography.