Shahid Kapoor is a famous Indian actor who works in the Hindi Film industry and is famous for portraying romantic roles & his performance in Action & Thriller films.
|Real Name||Shahid Kapoor|
|Nickname||Shak, Dodo & Sasha|
|Date of Birth||25 February 1981|
|Age (in 2021)||40 years|
|Born in||Delhi, India|
|Homeland||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
- Reading books
He was born on 25 February 1981 in Delhi, India into a film-related background family. Shahid Kapoor’s age is 40 years as of 2021.
Kapoor spent a tough childhood as his parents, Pankaj Kapoor & Neelima Azeem, got divorced and his father left them & shifted to Mumbai then married Supriya Pathak.
His mother & he continued to live in Delhi with Shahid’s grandparents (Journalists). At that time, his mother worked as a dancer and shifted to Mumbai to become an Actress when Shahid gets 10 years old.
In Mumbai, his mother married an Actor, Rajesh Khattar and they started living with Rajesh until the couple got divorced in 2001.
For his early schooling, he went to the Gyan Bharati in Delhi and Rajhans Vidyalaya in Mumbai. After that, he got enrolled in Mithibai College in Mumbai and studied there for 3 years.
From an early age, Shahid had an interest in Dancing and went to the Shiamak Davar’s dance institute at the age of 15. He learned dancing & performed as a background dancer for the film Dil To Pagal Hai (1997) & Taal (1999).
Due to his brilliant skills in dancing, he was promoted to instructor in Shiamak Davar’s institute.
His first television appearance was in an advertisement for Complan with Ayesha Takia. After that, he did several other advertisements for Pepsi, KitKat, Close up, etc.
In 1998, he worked as an assistant director to his father for the television series Mohandas B.A.L.L.B. He’s also been featured in many music videos including Mera Dil Bole Piya Piya (1999), Aankhon Mein (1999), etc.
Shahid’s acting career begins in 2003 with the film Ishq Vishk in which performed the lead role of Rajiv Mathur. This film was a great hit & got a Filmfare award for the Best Male Debut.
After that, Kapoor did several films including Fida, Dil Maange More, Deewane Huye Paagal, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!, Shikhar, 36 China Town, Chup Chup Ke, Vivah, Fool & Final, Jab We Met, Kismat Konnection, etc.
Apart from acting, He’s also been a Judge to the famous reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded.
Shahid Kapoor’s height is 5′ 8” (172 Centi Meters) and his weight is 70 Kilograms (Approximately).
|Height (Approximately)||172 Centi Meters (5′ 8”)|
|Weight (Approximately)||70 Kilograms|
|Television||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded (2015)|
|Film||Ishq Vishq (2003)|
His father’s name is Pankaj Kapoor who is an Actor and his mother’s name is Neelima Azeem, an Actress. He also has a Step-Mother, Supriya Pathak, an Actress with whom his father married after moving to Mumbai.
|Father Name||Pankaj Kapoor|
|Mother Name||Neelima Azeem|
|Siblings||Kapoor has a brother and a step brother & sister.|
Girlfriends / Affairs
- Kareena Kapoor
- Sania Mirza
- Priyanka Chopra
|Marriage Date||7 July 2015|
|Place of Marriage||The Oberoi, Gurgaon|
|Wife Name||Mira Rajput|
|Children||A Daughter & Son|
|Daughter Name||Misha Kapoor (born in 2016)|
|Son Name||Zain Kapoor (born in 2018)|
Subject in School
- Hindi Songs
- Tom Cruise
- Pankaj Kapoor
- Paco Rabanne
- Sabina Khan
- Shreya Ghoshal
- A. R. Rahman
- Rajma Chawal
- Roti Dal
- Curd Rice
- Scarlett Johansson
- Madhuri Dixit
- Julia Roberts
- Jaguar XKR-S
- Range Rover Vogue
- Porsche Cayenne GTS
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
- Yamaha MT-01
- Harley Davidson Fat Boy
Related: Miheeka Bajaj Biography
- His Adult video was leaked in which Shahid was making out with Kareena Kapoor. But it was considered to be fake.
- Shahid was caught in a controversy when he told the crew & the director how a specific scene should be made for the film Chup Chup Ke. But later, when he was asked about it, he denied it by saying that the director, Priyadarshan, is a veteran, he can’t even think of telling him what to do.
Shahid Kapoor has a net worth of 200 Crore Indian Rupees with a salary of 10 Crore Indian Rupees per Film. (Approximately)
Facts & Info
- He got a smoking addiction after the film Milenge Milenge, but he quit it for his wife, Mira.
- Most of his family members are related to films (Acting or Directing). His father, mother, stepmother are in Acting and his great-great-grandfather was a film director, novelist, screenwriter, and journalist.
- As a background dancer, he performed in the films Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997) & Taal (1999).
- In his early days, he had a tough life like once he wanted a Pioneer Music system but he couldn’t afford it. but after his success, Pioneer company made Shahid their brand ambassador.
- Shahid’s film Vivah (2006) became so popular, and when the film shoot was completed. Kapoor didn’t want to leave the set because of his attachment with the crew.
- In the 2007 film Jab we met, he performed a lover role with his girlfriend, Kareena Kapoor, but they got separated during the shoot.
- He did exercises & trained for a year to get in shape for the film Kaminey and also took stammering lessons from an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) specialist.
- During the shooting of Kaminey (2009), Priyanka Chopra and Shahid were riding a bike for a scene when they suddenly fell and due to mud, the bike fell right on them.
- Kapoor is also known as the Chocolate Boy of Bollywood.
- He went bald for his scenes in the film Haider and was given a 6-page monologue for a climactic scene that took 4 hours to shoot.
- He’s the first Indian Actor who flew in an American F-16 aircraft.
- On his passport, his name is written as Shahid Khattar, a name from his step-father, Rajesh Khattar.
- His wife, Mira Rajput, is 14 years younger than him.
- He’s an avid follower of Radha Soami of which he doesn’t like to talk about in public.
- Shahid holds several awards including 6 Filmfare Awards, 6 International Indian Film Academy Awards, 13 Screen Awards, 5 Stardust Awards, 3 Star Guild Awards, 3 Zee Cine Awards, and many others.